• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2017 - Page breaks when you insert snippet at the end of a page

Participant ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a printed documentation from RH 2017 where the sections have tables that flow into multiple pages. Some tables are appearing properly some tables if they end at the start of the page the next section starts on the next page. I want it to be continuous.

I have unchecked the option start section on new page when generating the printed documentation output.

Also, I have a snippet at the end of each table that says Back to chapter 1, with a hyperlink to chapter 1. would the snippet be causing these breaks?

Any idea how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start on New Page only applies to the topic and I don't think the snippet is the issue. Does that snippet work in printed documentation? If not, I would tag it out.

Section breaks when generating to Word can be difficult to fix. You have to be generating to a Word template rather than using the CSS option in the Printed Documentation dialog.That template has to be set up to work as you want and even then it can have a mind of its own. The joys of converting HTML to DOC.

There are Word macros on my site. See Format Tables. You might be able to adapt that to help.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp