• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2017 Responsive HTML5 DHTML Text not working correctly?

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm using the Ocean layout with the DHTML effects 'Expanding Text' and 'DropDown Text'. When the effect is activated and the text exceeds the screen re-estate, the scroll bar does not increase, (i.e. the text is truncated). Is there a work-around to this issue? This issue doesn't appear when using the Azure Blue layout.

Thanks, Tyson.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same when tested. Please report it as a bug.

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're experiencing the exact same issue with the Ocean layout as well. Logged a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 1 has been released for RoboHelp. See if that fixes this problem.

You may need to delete the existing version of the layout and select again. If you have customised, then test in a simple new project or one of the samples.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, jumping on this thread as it may be the answer to my question. I've just (finally) upgraded to RH2017 from RH10, and have been playing with the various multiscreen and responsive layouts to recommend to a client. The Ocean layout was deprecated in update 2, but is still available for download. Does anyone know why it was deprecated, i.e. if it was due to the above issue? Is it safe to download or should I stick to the ones that I can access in RH?

Thanks,

Laurie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ocean was dropped because of the issues found here and elsewhere.

Make sure you have applied Update 2 to RoboHelp 2017 and then use only the ones you can select in RoboHelp.

I suggest you forget multiscreen as going forward responsive is getting more focus. It's easier to work with and the size of the generated output is much smaller. With multiscreen you get an output for each device type, with responsive you just get one that works on all devices.

The RoboHelp Tour on my site is an example of responsive help using the Azure Blue layout.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Peter, I appreciate your help as always! Your RoboHelp Tour page has been one of my resources this week 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp