• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2017 Trial- icon in Layout Customization Question

Participant ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using the RoboHelp 2017 trial version. I changed the icon in the Header for the Mobile App Settings layout customization. The icon I selected appears in the preview, but the default still shows up in the output. I assume that is not a bug. I just want to confirm that the output in the Trial version is preventing a customized icon from appearing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Personally, I've never created a mobile app from RoboHelp output. But I can say that the only thing the trial inhibits is the duration of time in which you have to use it before you are asked to purchase.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. I suppose I'll troubleshoot this problem more thoroughly if my employer purchases RH17. I figured that the icon isn't showing up in output just bc it's a trial, but maybe I did something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish I had more to offer on this.

What are the reasons you are creating an installable app from help material? What kind of stuff are you creating?

Depending on that answer, I'm guessing that Mobile App may not be the best choice.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could be the case. I liked the skin of the mobile app layout. The help is for an iPad app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I should probably use Responsive HTML5 and change colors in the layout customization dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The icon I switched to in Responsive HTML5 shows up in the output using the RH 2017 trial. : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your developers happy with the help being server based where the user will not be able to use it if offline?

If they are not, then you need to create an installable mobile app as the help. I believe I have some instructions on creating an app for an earlier version that should still be OK. Post back if you need them but it might be a day or two before I can reply.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter. I appreciate it. My employer hasn't yet purchased the RH 17 upgrade. If I need your instructions later, I'll reach out to you. Thanks, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp