Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2017 won't start on Win7 64

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just purchased and installed RH2017. After installation the program started as expected. but after exiting, it won't start again. No error message is shown, the process just starts and ends and  there is no trace in the event log nor any other log I know about.

Anyone experiencing this? Any clue ?

Thanks in advance,

Jesus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Hello everyone,

After talking to tech support it seems it has been a problem with product activation during installation. The tech support guy has remote-controlled our machine and solved the problem. It's running without problems now, but i think the installation program should be polished to inform about any problem of this kind.

Thanks for your responses!

Jesus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried running it as an administrator? Was it installed with full admin rights? Is your anti-virus really protective (i.e. over zealous?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I have installed as an admin, and also trying to execute it as admin. I have also tried disabling Symantec Antivirus but the result is the same. I see the RH process start in task manager and die in two seconds without any warning. I have also tried to uninstall /reinstall with the same behaviour: after installation the program runs fine one time, but once closed it never starts again.

Thanks for your response,

Jesus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd give Adobe Support a call - it sounds to me that you've got some aggressive anti-virus software at work that you may not know about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the installation files on the same drive as the one you are installing to?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

yes, I copied the installation files to the local drive and I installed the product on that same drive.

regards,

jesus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you perform a reinstall, does it start properly then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Captiv8r,

If i reinstall it runs perfectly for the first time. Once I have exited the program it won't start again, even if i restart the PC. I have reinstalled two times with the same results.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with Jeff on this one. Likely your best bet will be to contact Adobe support. Definitely something is afoot.

Do other applications exhibit similar behavior? Seeing other files such as images or whatever that are no longer able to be displayed?

I'm wondering if perhaps there could be ransomware brewing. Ransomware works silently in the background encrypting files until a future point is reached. At that future point the PC becomes locked with a notice that you either pay up or else. Might be worth running some malware scans.

But definitely check with Adobe support.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks both for your answers. Yes, I'm in a corporate environment. No other apps show this behaviour, and RH 2015 was running ok in the same machine. We have got in touch with Adobe support and made an appointment for a support call tomorrow.

Thanks you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just spotted that you are saying Windows 7 64 bit. I'm not sure RoboHelp is supported on Windows 7 64 bit. Can you try it on Windows 10 64 bit or maybe Windows 8?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everyone,

After talking to tech support it seems it has been a problem with product activation during installation. The tech support guy has remote-controlled our machine and solved the problem. It's running without problems now, but i think the installation program should be polished to inform about any problem of this kind.

Thanks for your responses!

Jesus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a whitelisting program is running & killing off unauthorized apps - are you in a corporate environment? Do you have an IT department you can call upon? I suspect you'll need to have them add it to list of "ok" apps that are allowed to run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp