Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019 Frameless New UI: Adding Share button

Participant ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In Layout > Topic Page Buttons, RH provides a couple of default buttons and their respective actions to be performed when the user clicks the button in the output

I would like to know where are these functions defined in RH2019. For example, if I select the Expand/Collapse button, in the OnClick field, RH shows rh.model.publish(rh.consts('EVT_EXPAND_COLLAPSE_ALL'), 'Expand');

I added a Share button but I am not able to find the function for it so that I can add it in the OnClick field.

Does RH have the command for it already available as we have it for the other buttons such as Expand/Collapse, Favourites, etc?

• If yes, may I know where can I find that in RH?
  • If no, and if I create a command by my own, to which folder in RH do I need to add the new command so that the current link in the output gets copied as the user clicks the Share button?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the only "list" of pre-defined button functions is the list of buttons included in the skins by default. I tried deleting them, but then there was no way to add back in the javascriipt function - I ended up creating a new skin and copying the functions back across to my test skin.

For anything else, you'll probably need to get a developer to rummage through the javascript files in the output. 🙂

Most likely, although I haven't tried it so I could be wrong, is your developer will need to write a new javascript which you would add as a user asset file, plus they should advise the code you need to put in the OnClick field to make the button work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr

In Frameless Skin > Topic Page > Buttons, RH provides 8 predefiend buttons and for each one of them the icon and icon applied fields are already populated.

I was wondering if the icons are available, does that mean the javascript is also stored somewhere in RH. Maybe all we need to do is copy-paste it in the OnClick field?

Also, if I get the javascript for the Share button, where do i save it in RH? Is there a mandate location where it needs to be saved or can it be anywhere in the Root folder?

By User Assets are you refering to Frameless Skin > User Assets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, sorry, I only got as far as the Topic Page Buttons section under Layout and given there's no help on that, I assume there's no help for any other features either. The Azure Blue responsive skin has a Social Media section, which seems like the most obvious target for a Share button, but I couldn't find anything similar for Frameless, although I only had a quick poke around. The Robohelp Reimagined project mentions being able to edit *.ejs files, so perhaps you could find those and see if anything interesting shows up. 

Yes, I think that the User Assets location you state is the correct spot to add any css, javascript or images you want to include in the skin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This feature is now available in RH2020. Open the About Robohelp project and you will see a Share button at the right top corner.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp