Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019 Frameless New UI: Cover page for Word

Participant ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is it possible to add a cover page while generating a Word output. I did see the option to add a cover page for PDF but not in Word.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think in this version the answer is "it depends". There is no provision for one but if you don't want a TOC at the beginning of the document, you could add the cover page as the first topic in the Word output. You could then add a TOC in Word.

It's that or produce with the TOC and add a cover page in Word.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

I just came across a help document by Adobe: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/robohelp/using/table-of-contents.html#toc_book and it says

With RoboHelp, you can create two types of TOCs: "Online TOC" and "Book TOC". The Online TOC has sections and topics and is applicable for Frameless, Responsive HTML5, and other online outputs whereas, the Book TOC has front matter and back matter useful for PDF and Word outputs.

I couldn't find the option to create a Book TOC in my Frameless project that could help me in adding a cover page to my Word doc.

Have you come across the feature mentioned in the article?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That article applies to RoboHelp 2020 released today. It has the same problem re headers and footers as your other thread.

To add a cover page in 2019 you create it as a topic and put it first in the TOC used to generate the Word output and tag it out of others. Of course if you include a TOC in the document, that will precede the cover page so the practical answer is to add it in Word.

In 2020 you can add a cover page in front of the TOC. There the issue will be it's headers and footers on all sections or none.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great news. Is the trial version of RH2020 available to customers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It should be available on Adobe's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp