• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019 Frameless topic opens small, then expands. Is this normal?

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all:

I have a frameless project intended for phones and tablets. When a topic opens, it appears as a tiny shape in the top left corner of the screen, then expands very quickly to fill the screen. Is this normal for frameless projects? It happens with every topic and would be distracting for users.

Is there any way to stop it happening?

Thank you.

Juliette

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you browse to a number of websites on the same device do they all load instantly or is there also some delay.

Also take a look at this part of my site RoboHelp Tour Introduction (grainge.org). I have found there are some CSS issues at the moment on a phone but does that load in the same way?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter:
Thanks for your reply. I thought I posted again soon afterwards but apparently didn't hit Post.
The developer and I both accessed the site. It seems normal on my Nokia 3. The dev wrote:
"it looks like that site has problems in Chrome in general, be it on my laptop or the phone it does some amount of layout, then flashes white, and attempts it again. It's difficult to test with exactly the same browser as we use in app because that's the in-app version of the browser...
The help has another issue when viewed on the Nokia 3. The topics are truncated and there is an unnecessary horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of each topic. We could live with the scroll bar but the truncation is obviously a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I see when I open the RoboHelp Tour is the topic displays, then there is a flash before it opens with the TOC. Then the site works normally with no truncation.

image.png

Please post an image of what you see using the photo icon.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter:

After discussing it with the dev, we have decided to go with the Responsive HTML5 format. It's not ideal but we can make it work. Thank you for your help.

In case you are interested, this is how your site opens in Chrome on a Nokia 3. Each screen was displayed for a few seconds, then the next was displayed. When the TOC was displayed, it behaved normally and there was no truncation.

Screenshot2.pngScreenshot3.pngScreenshot4.pngScreenshot1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Adobe are aware of the way the help opens in a couple of steps as it were. The thing I would say about responsive is that going forward it will be the frameless skins that will get more development. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 3 is now available but that will not fix this issue. Update 4 will be the next one but I don't have a date. I believe this problem will be looked at for Update 4 but it cannot be guaranteed. I mention this in case you feel you can bear with frameless until then with its advantages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue has been resolved in update 4 which released today. Please give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp