• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019 - Issues with files translated using Trados

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a translator that uses Trados to translate .html files. For 10 years, I never had any issues with any of her files. In the last year or so (since upgrading to RH2017 and RH2019), I've had issues with files that contain drop-down text. When I replace her translated files with the ones I sent, all the drop-down text is gone. It's very frustrating! I've had to resort to copying and pasting the translations in the original files which is very time consuming. I reached out to Tech Support but they didn't have an answer. I've opened her translated files in Notepad++ and the drop down text is there but when it's opened in RH, it's gone.

Has anyone else had issues with files translated using Trados and if so, did you find a solution?

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Thank you Peter for your relentless pursuit of finding a solution! The issue was Trados removing the space before the '?' in some html strings. Add the space back in all instances of the file for the following strings:

1. <?rh-script_start?> should be <?rh-script_start ?>
  2. end? should be end ?
    • For example, <?rh-script_end?> should be <?rh-script_end ?>
    • Do a search for end? and replace it with end ? because there are more strings other than <?rh-script_end?> with the word end? in it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the correct version number as it helps others who are searching later with the same problem.

You haven't said whether you are using the new version of 2019 or 2019 Classic. If it is the Classic version, I didn't think anything had changed there as far as this issue is concerned.

Confirm the version and I can then make some enquiries.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 Classic. This issue started in RH2017 because when I upgraded to RH2019, I was hoping the issue was resolved but it wasn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originally you said the issue started "since upgrading to RH2017 and RH2019" by which I took it to mean upgrading to 2019. Did it in fact start after upgrading from an even earlier version to 2017 and continue in 2019 Classic?

Please clarify the version when it started.

Also have you tried deleting the CPD file and reopening the project? That fixed a lot of issues in Classic versions.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked in all versions prior to RH2017. I've been using RH since the beginning. When I upgraded to RH2017 is when I started having issues. I opened a support ticket but Adobe didn't know why. Then when I upgraded to RH2019 Classic, I continued to have the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to labour this but did the problem start immediately you upgraded to 2017 or some time afterwards?

I ask as there was a change in how dropdowns worked at some point and I think it might have been when 2017 was released. If your problem did start immediately on upgrade, that does rather pinpoint things.

Once I know that I can make some enquiries but it will be a couple of days before I get an answer because of national holidays.

Before replying please check:

1. You have the updates applied.
  2. Your trados person is using the same version of RoboHelp. I believe they also use RoboHelp as part of the process. Check with them on both aspects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my translator does not use RoboHelp. She never has. I don't recall when it started in RH2017. It's very possible it started after they made a change to how drop downs work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I will make enquiries about when the change occurred and to see if there is any suggestion as to what might be the issue.

There is a topic on my site about translation written by someone who knows the detail of the process. I don't know if anything there will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send me one of the pages before and after translation. Adobe will look to see if they can identify the issue.

See the Contact page on my site. It's OK to attach the files to an email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just received some files back from her and if a table is in the drop-down, it's removed from the drop-down and placed on the next line. I then have to cut and paste it back in the drop-down. So if the drop-down text is not in a table, it's deleted. If it's in a table, it's moved outside the drop-down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Peter for your relentless pursuit of finding a solution! The issue was Trados removing the space before the '?' in some html strings. Add the space back in all instances of the file for the following strings:

1. <?rh-script_start?> should be <?rh-script_start ?>
  2. end? should be end ?
    • For example, <?rh-script_end?> should be <?rh-script_end ?>
    • Do a search for end? and replace it with end ? because there are more strings other than <?rh-script_end?> with the word end? in it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp