• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019 New - Output failing 508 Compliance

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have tried several different types of Output for 5 of our online help RH2019 New projects. The output generates as expected, however when we do our internal testing for 508 Compliance many of the tests are failing. Is anyone else having issues with obtaining 508 Compliant Output using RH2019 New?  Using version 14.0.9

Also: We tested using the sample projects that come with the RH2019 Installation. Each of the sample projects are also failing many of the 508 compliant tests.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding of 508 compliance is that as supplied the skins are compliant but that what you do in your CSS and topics could make the output non-compliant.

I suggest you create a new project with just a couple of text only topics using the supplied default.css and see if that fails the test.

• If it does fail then post back here so that it can be referred to Adobe or contact them via techcomm@adobe.com.
  • If it passes then by implication it is something you are doing within the topics. What I don't know but if you test at each stage you can identify what is failing and again post back here.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your reply. We will proceed with testing as you have suggested. However, I would have expected the RH2019 sample projects to have passed the 508 compliance testing using the 508 testing software "JAWS:. One test is that the Iframe does not contain a title..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been advised that 508 checking for content as well is on the roadmap for next year.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp