• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019: Same logo displays in different size from same publish

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project uses a logo sized at 77x30 px. I'm using this size because it doesn't seem to matter if I change the width in the skin, when I inspect it in Chrome, it says width=30 in body.media-landscape div.header div.logo and I can't seem to change that. 

When I generate and publish three versions, Mac, Linux and Windows, in my published versions the logos are very small in Safari, Firefox and Chrome respectively. If I open each version in Chrome, the Windows version is very small, the Mac and Linux versions are larger, the way I want them. If I view my generated Windows output in Chrome rather than the published output, the logo is large, the way I want.

Can anyone tell me how to get the logo larger so that it is consistent across any browser and consistent from generate to publish? I had been looking at my generated output locally and thought everything was correct and then when published, was surprised to see it was not the same.

TIA

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very strange and isn't something I've heard reported before.

Perhaps use the broswer developer tools to inspect the image in the published output and see if there's any difference in the css between the small display and the large display? That might help pinpoint what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a lot of searching and experimentation, I've managed to get the logo in my Windows laptop screen to display as I want it. The issue seems to be that on my Mac laptop and Linux desktop, the portion of the css that is being used is the body.media-landscape rather than the body.media-desktop sections in the css. In the landscape version, the width of the logo is set at 30px which I cannot seem to change whereas I can set width for the desktop in the skin. Don't know if this makes sense to you but thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied below (above?) but forgot to ask why the body.media-landscape portion is not definable in RH2019? I can define it in the desktop, why not the landscape? Or am I just missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A question for the ages, which I'm not sure even Adobe could answer. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I've discovered why I'm seeing small logos versus the way I want them. Although the logo displays properly on my Windows laptop and my external monitor, I guess the display on my MacBook is small enough that it resizes the logo to the smaller landscape version. If I add an external monitor to the MacBook and move the browser window to the monitor, the logo resizes to the way it should be. My Linux machine has a smaller monitor as well so when I again attach a larger monitor to it and move the window, the logo again resizes to the size I need. 

I'd still like to be able to resize the logo in the landscape though, doesn't make sense not to be able to do it.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp