• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RHCL for Responsive HTML5?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need RHCL to work in order to do regular batch file builds of our help projects without having to open the UI and build from the UI. The RHCL building seems to work and the output ends up in the proper directory.

However, when I view index.htm from the generated output location in my browser, I see this:

At the top of the index.htm pageAt the bottom of the index.htm page

Weird that the topic appars in that little container at the bottom of the page, huh? Anyway, this makes me think the script that makes everything work is missing or doesn't work from an RHCL build. The problem appears to just be with index.htm.

If I then access just a topic by itself (outside of full context), meaning without using index.htm, it displays fine:

And here's what index.htm should look like (This is what I get when I generate by hand directly inside of RH):

Ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, when I compare the index.htm from both ways of building inside Beyond Compare, they are actually identical except for some variables that are flip flopped. But I understand some javascript, and that shouldn't cause this issue:

And here's the results of a folder compare. So something is clearly messed up.

2018-08-22_15-40-35.jpg

I guess I won't be using RHCL... again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah hah... I think I found the culprit. The HTMl5 layout resources aren't getting copied with RHCL.

Notice my HMI layout on the left (manually generated version) it's all there. On the right (the RHCL version), it isn't:

Copying the content from the left side into the right side resolves the problem:

I might... be able to automate that in my batch file to get around this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Left field suggestion. Maybe check that the layout is correctly listed in the screenlayouts fpj?
Re: Rh 2017: RHCL command line not building image folder but IDE (Rh GUI) does

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have the same issue as the OP, but for me only JS files are missing from the help output's layout:

Re: RH2017 Indigo - command line generation does not include usersettings.js

The suggestion to check the fpj file of the layout did not really help me - all my project's fpj files are pretty much empty. They all look like this (on root level of the project and in the folders with baggage files, etc):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<rhpml majorversion="7" minorversion="13">

</rhpml>

In the screen layout's .fpj file, the folder "preview" is declared (this is the same for all layouts, Azure Blue, Charcoal Grey and Indigo, as well as the customized version):

<rhpml majorversion="7" minorversion="13">

<folders>

<folder>

<name>preview</name>

</folder>

</folders>

</rhpml>

How can I add the JS files (which are correctly displayed as baggage files for the layout within the RoboHelp Output Setup pod) to those fpj files? What does the syntax look like? I haven't found any such files which actually contain references to baggage files in my project yet.

Cheers, Birgit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faeneth​ There's one called !ScreenLayout!.fpj, and I was just wondering if the screen layout folder might be missing from that file. But it's truly a longshot.

Something like this:

<rhpml majorversion="6" minorversion="12">

<folders>

<folder>

<name>Theme1_Standard</name>

</folder>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amebr,

I have since fixed my problem with RHCL - I ran the script "Topic Fixer" from helpessentials, which fixed all my .fpj files.

Thanks for the suggestion, though .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed a bug report for my issue above. If anyone wants to vote for it, go here: Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp