• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robo 2019 (Full) Remove Shadow Around Search Field on Header Bar

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 2019 and producing Responsive HTML 5 help.

I'm trying to match the help design to that of the web based app. I would like to remove the shadow that appears on the Search field on the header bar, but can't find which .CSS the setting is stored.

shadow_search_field.png

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

I was actually playing around seeing if I could get a layout that looks like our current (RH11) output.

You can remove the shadow if you add a custom css file to your skin using the User Assets in the Layout section.

I've only investigated desktop view, so you'd need to inspect the output using the browser developer tools to see what, if anything, is needed for tablet or phone sized screens.

The css code to remove the shadow should be: 

body.media-desktop div.searchbar-extra {
	box-shado

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't quite see what you mean by shadow from the image even when enlarged. Do you mean the light grey border? Also you haven't said which skin you are using.

I looked at one skin and the editor shows Header Search Box settings.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies that I forgot to use the blue Reply button!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Apologies - I'm still learning what imfpormation needs to be provided. 

The skin is based on Azure Blue. It looks to me like a grey border with a dropped shadow.

None of the settings in the skin affect the 'shadowed' border. As you can see from my settings, the field border is the same as the background.

Snag_29d292df.png

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

I see a feint shadow and there is no way I can see to remove it. Looks like another feature request.

If it helps, I had to look hard to see it and I have a decent screen. I'm thinking users will notice it less than you and I might.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was actually playing around seeing if I could get a layout that looks like our current (RH11) output.

You can remove the shadow if you add a custom css file to your skin using the User Assets in the Layout section.

I've only investigated desktop view, so you'd need to inspect the output using the browser developer tools to see what, if anything, is needed for tablet or phone sized screens.

The css code to remove the shadow should be: 

body.media-desktop div.searchbar-extra {
	box-shadow: none;
}

EDIT: I was working with Azure Blue, but the code for other skins could be different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much Amebr. That has worked perfectly. Superstar 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp