• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 11 & 2015 html5 responsive output problem

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm using robohelp 11 and i have a problem with my output in HTML5 using microsoft EDGE browser, before the update to anniversary update(Microsoft Edge ver. 38.14393.0.0).

when i open my project i can't see the contents in the left column.

Immagine prova.png

with other browsers the problem does not exist...

I downloaded also the free trial version of RH2015 to try to solve the problem, but the result is the same.

any suggestion fom me??

thx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you update the RH2015 version you just downloaded - it doesn't contain all the fixes that have been released since then. Then try regenerating your help to test it on Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

From RoboHelp 2015, did you apply the service releases? Those are rather important for situations like this.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before the update the result is this:

Immagine prova2.png

What do you mean by "services releases"? how i can apply these?

thx

thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help > Updates usually works, but you can visit the patches page directly by going to Adobe - Support : RoboHelp Support Center : Service Releases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry if I answer only now but I resolved the problem by using the webhelp classic uotput adobe3.png

, hoping, in the meantime in a possible fix.

With the last update, however, I noticed that the problem of incompatibility with Edge and Html5 output  adobe4.png still persists ...

adobe1.png

adobe2.png

in addition to the images attached, if you need it, I can possibly send you an example project...

thx

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try generating responsive help using one of the sample projects that ship with RH2015 & test it in Edge. If that doesn't work, then log a bug in the Bugbase (Feature Request/Bug Report Form ) to get it on Adobe's radar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same problem, even with last RoboHelp update (12.0.4.460) ... but I've found the solution.

The issue happens when the URL is a local path like this (with the drive unit specified "K:"):

file:///K:/project/HelpHTML/!SSL!/Responsive_HTML5/index.htm

instead, this path works well:

file://mynas/project/HelpHTML/!SSL!/Responsive_HTML5/index.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forget if it applies to Edge, but I found that making the browser treat a local or network LAN drive as a "Trusted Location" made my help appear on earlier versions of RH and IE with my WebHelp projects. It probably applies to Responsive HTML5 too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to make it a "trusted location" you would?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, not sure about Edge, but in IE you have to go into Tools > Internet Options > Security Tab. Then there's a "Trusted sites" zone that you can add "file://C" or "file://server_name" to the list; you have to make sure the "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone" is not selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. I'm sure that will be helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks jeff...I solved the problem by changing the "Internet Options" from the "control panel" (add in the trusted sites my publishing address)...in Edge ther's not way to change the trusted site options...but for the local path publishing the problem it's a little more complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A quick Google just revealed that Edge doesn't directly expose a way of adding a Trusted Site, but that you can backdoor it by using IE11 to add the location first; then Edge doesn't kick up a fuss about it afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp