• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 11 - Print index

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem started because I have to delete several topics in my help file. I started small by deleting two bullet entries with bookmarks. Then I got broken links to the index and I'm trying to find where they are. RH's instructions for printing index do not seem to apply to version 11. When I click the Index pod, nothing happens. When I click the Create/View Index file and select the default index, nothing happens.

It would be quite helpful to have a printed index that I can search, so I would appreciate your suggestions.

Regards,

Dimi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

If you want to print the index, I might suggest Tools > Reports > Index.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you attach a screenshot (use the web interface) to show us what you're seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Index pod.IndexPod.png

The instructions to print say to click the Index pod and, from the pop-up menu, select the items to print. Then, in the toolbar, click print. Finally select the properties. However, clicking the Index pod does nothing. Right-clicking does nothing. I'll post a separate reply about the missing link thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem started when I deleted a paragraph with a bookmark. This action resulted in two broken links, both the index, as evidenced by the key icon in Topic References.

BrokenIndexLink.png

I cannot find an entry "diagonal" in the index and showing topic links is no help at all, because you cannot distinguish bookmark links. Never mind the fact that the topic has hundreds of links.

When I select Edit in the above window, I get this window.

BrokenIndexLink2.png

I don't understand why the Title and the Link to are identical. 1D_diag_line is the bookmark, but nothing in the All Folders section is highlighted.

I'm quite frustrated and will have to delete quite a few bookmarks in the coming days, so I'm very thankful for any help you can provide.

Dimi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally when you delete something in RoboHelp, it will handle any links so that you don't end up with Broken Links.

Perhaps you might try deleting the CPD file and see if that helps?

Click here for information on how to do that

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, if you are looking at the Index pod, if there are terms that aren't mapped to topics, they should be presented in Bold. Not only that, but they should not appear in the output.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I have those taken care of.

Dimi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing to PDF of the Index would probably have to go through the Printed Documentation route - RH to Word to PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bit of overkill, but I appreciate the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, RH handles links when you delete a topic, but this was a bookmark. I did manage to find the stray entry in the index and delete it, but I would still love to know how to print the index itself, preferably to PDF.

Thanks for the info about the CPD. I will try to remember it for future problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to print the index, I might suggest Tools > Reports > Index.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yay, this works. I also tried Adobe's support folks and, amazingly enough, the answer is easy but just not documented.

1. Click the Index pod.

2. Select File > Print Index.

Don't I feel silly!

Dimi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp