• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 11 project won't save changes or close project

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've was working in a German version of my (very large) RoboHelp project, when suddenly, the project stopped accepting any Exit, Close, or Save commands. I won't say it stopped responding, because I could still make changes to the TOC, import .htm topics, open/close topic files, and basically do everything EXCEPT open/close directories in the Project Manager, Save or Close the project, or exit RoboHelp.

So essentially, I had to use Task Manager to End Task and shut RoboHelp down, which meant I lost all changes to my project.

When I tried to re-open my project, I got the "corrupt .cpd" error message, so I deleted the .cpd and re-opened the project. That brought me back to the original issue - unable to exit, close, or save the project. I've tried copying over the .xpj and .cpd from an earlier copy of the project, but no luck.

How do I break this awful cycle?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

I think I discovered the problem. The project settings were not set to the correct language. I had copied the .cpf from the Spanish version of the project over to see if it would make a difference, and the project ran fine, but when I generated the Help, I noticed that the tabs in the frameset, such as Content, Index, and Search, were in Spanish.

I checked the German project properties, and discovered that the project language was set to Spanish, rather than German. Once I changed the base langua

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many topics is 'very large'? People have different ideas on what a large project is so I would like to be on the same page. Also, how many images/baggage files etc?

Are you only having problems with this one project? Or do you also have issues with one of the sample projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. The project contains between 1,000-2,500 topics, between 250-275 snippets, and I'm not sure how many images, maybe 200-300?

I am the sole owner of this project, and all three versions are stored on my local machine: English, Spanish, and German. Fortunately, the German version is the only one with the problem, but it's the one I need to generate this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a medium sized project, so the size of the project is not a problem. Since it is a problem with the german project only, I suspect that the problem is in a faulty filename. Do you have any topics with special characters in the filename? (ß, ü, etc.) If you have, renaming those topics and fixing the APJ files may help getting back on track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I discovered the problem. The project settings were not set to the correct language. I had copied the .cpf from the Spanish version of the project over to see if it would make a difference, and the project ran fine, but when I generated the Help, I noticed that the tabs in the frameset, such as Content, Index, and Search, were in Spanish.

I checked the German project properties, and discovered that the project language was set to Spanish, rather than German. Once I changed the base language for the entire project, I stopped encountering the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp