• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 15 Responsive HTML5 Icons display but No TOC

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I attempted to rename my project and accidentally included a character (&)  in the project name.
  2. Then updated the project name again to remove the character
  3. The TOC displays with icons but no text.

toc.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I recall from way back that renaming a project can change the TOC name too. When you changed the name back, have you ensured the TOC isn't still holding onto the ampersand version?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted all TOCS listed in the project manger and created a new one. I'm afraid I've tried a few things and may be kinking this up even worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question here

The text is likely present but you just cannot see it. If you click and drag the mouse to select it, does it show then? Or if you click where the text should be, does the link work?

Assuming it does, you have likely configured the text color to match the background color. And to fix that, you just make an edit to the layout.

1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links are not working the text is not there. I checked the layout and the text is set to black for TOC. The TOC is set to true also. Thank you for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad the company have let you use the forum as the more people helping, the better. I offered to look at your project when you contacted me offline and that offer stands.

Did you try deleting the CPD file and reopening the project or any of the other things I suggested?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THE PROBLEM:

• Changing the project name and including the ampersand (&) 

THE FIX:

• Eliminated the ampersand from project name and spaces
  • Tested by selecting a new layout that it was layout
  • Selected the original layout from the Gallery and changed the name

Thanks to all that replied, greatly appreciate your suggestions Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp