• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015 closes every 1 minute

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One day, RH started closing every 1 minute. I have uninstalled and reinstalled RH, but it is still closing. Sometimes it does not stay open even 1 minute. If I make a change and save, it saves. I have recently upgraded to Visual Studios 2013 and installed the MSSCCI 2013 32 bit. RH was working ok and literally the next day it started closing. After the update, projects would not check-in properly in TFS and I have to manually go to VS and check-in each project. I am not sure if it is all connected or if it is separate issues. Projects and RH are on local drive. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like something in your environment - aggressive anti-virus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No different than before. I have a 2nd work laptop that I am currently using VS2012 and RH2015. So far, it is ok. Other team members are using VS2013 and RH 15 with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you've got it narrowed down to 1 machine - something's got to be doing it on that box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IDK. That was my thought, but I found it strange that it happen overnight. (Dang Gremlins!!) Any suggestions? Uninstall VS13 and RH 15 and try again fresh? I want to avoid a complete wipe and redo of the whole system, if possible. One thing, when RH15 was reinstalling, it was installing to the wrong location (network and not local), but I was not given the option to chose the location. The IT help desk person did the reinstall and I pointed out the correct location and I don't know what they did in the background to have it load on my local drive. But, again, the reinstall did not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You say it started the next day. Presumably that was after the installation of VS and a reboot. After installation things can get changed during a reboot so maybe that explains it.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling RoboHelp and reinstalling. I agree with Jeff and suspect

the installation of Visual Studio clobbered something.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp