• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2015 Expand Search Instead of Substring Search

Participant ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can probably guess the answer, but want to confirm. We are using RH 2015 and we are generating RHTML5. I know that the "Search" tab of the Output SSL window there is an option to Enable Substring Search. This would narrow the search to words within words being searched such as "log" and "catalog" if "catalog" was the search term. I'm guessing there isn't a way to expand the search especially to include plural version of words.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's the other way round - if you searched for "log" it would find "catalog" and all other words that had "log" inside them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clearing that up for me. You are correct. I did have it backwards. I did find in the online help that it can slow the search down, so have you personally experienced a noticeable difference? We have about 450 topics in our help system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got about 3800 - I don't use it because of the slow downs it causes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not disagreeing with Jeff but suggest you try it. Different project and

all that.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't noticed slowness, but I ended up turning it off as my users found the extra search results confusing and overwhelming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amebr​ - I agree with you too - I had forgotten all the confusion it caused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp