• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2015 Responsive HTML 5 layouts and Google Analytics

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Robohelp 2015 and produce output using Responsive HTML5. I'd also like to get detailed page views from google analytics. Has anyone successfully achieved this? At the moment google analytics reports all views as a single page index.htm with a single page title.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you put the GA code into each topic by applying it to a Master Page associated with each topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I added it to the Topic.slp file outside of Robohelp. The code does work and is on every help file page, but I can't get it to report on the topic title of each page. All of the pages appear as Index.htm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I’ve read, I think it has to reside inside each topic – see http://iconlogic.blogs.com/weblog/2016/06/adobe-robohelp-adding-google-analytics-to-topics.html & this thread - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/441008

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to these threads, adding it to the topic.slp file will work even better: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1997286

and Google analytics and HTML5 outputs

The code does appear on every page but its not reporting to google analytics as separate pages being visited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your first link, post 6 by Willam indicates that you need to use the master page method for Responsive output, as iframes are used and the code thus isn't in each topic.

I don't know if using the master page method will get tracking on search results for no-hit search terms (as I outlined in the second link) as I'm not currently using Responsive output, but this may not be important for your situation.

You could try using both the screen layout and master page methods together, but I'm not sure what effect that would have on your analytics (it might skew the results with duplicates for example).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr,

regarding the search terms, did you ever happen to figure out how to get GA to track site searches? I tried following Willam's links and have succeeded in creating a custom search engine, linking it with GA etc. but still can't get any luck on responsive output. is it because it is a responsive output?

were you able to get it to work in a different output?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp