• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015 screen freeze problem

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a moderately sized project (about 15 topics so far, 26 MB total). I've imported HTML files from Google Docs and I'm outputting as PDF. The first time I crashed was a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure what the problem was, but suddenly the screen was frozen, I'd get error dings when I tried to save or click on anything, yet the task manager said the software was running (not unresponsive). I chalked it up to having too many programs open at the same time or too many topics opened, and I learned to not do that when working on RoboHelp. I wondered if the problem was RAM, since the task manager said I had only a little free memory, but my boss got new RAM instead of more RAM.

Yesterday I had the same problem, only I was just running a browser, Acrobat Pro, Outlook and Lync, and only had a few topics open in the project. I was copy and pasting tags in the HTML window both times I crashed (I crashed once an hour in the 2 hours I was working on RoboHelp).

Details about my situation: I'm working on files stored on my laptop; I just got an upgraded laptop (Lenovo T420) with 4 GB RAM, 64-bit system Windows 7, 2.5 GHz CPU. I was working from home on VPN all occasions I crashed, but my co-worker is having the same problem with her copy of RoboHelp and she mostly works onsite.

I'm considering uninstalling and reinstalling RoboHelp, but I tried that the first time it crashed. I suppose I can edit my files in an HTML editor, but shouldn't I be able to do that in RoboHelp? I'm glad I didn't spend my own money on this software... I don't remember it being this buggy when I worked with it in 2000.

Shawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you got dings when clicking, perhaps all that happened was a dialog box fell off the screen.

Try this if it happens again:

Press Alt + Spacebar, then M.

Then press any arrow key.

Then waggle the mouse until the dialog box comes into view on screen.

Click to drop the dialog box where you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or for a simpler approach, if you have a key on your keyboard with a Windows logo on it, press and hold that key while pressing the left arrow key a couple of times.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps try in order.

Rick's first (keeping in mind it may change the size and position of your window/dialog box).

Then try mine if that doesn't work, as it will work with some dialog boxes that Rick's method doesn't catch. There are a few types of dialog boxes my method  doesn't catch, but they are pretty rare (I think I've come across 3 since I discovered it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Amber

Can you point me to an instance where the Windows + Arrow doesn't work but the other method does? I'm curious to see that and would like to be aware of the circumstances where that happens.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old school dialog boxes like Topic Properties or Insert Images or Find (via Ctrl+F)  - using RH11; possibly some of these have changed in RH2015.

Just FYI, I'm thinking maybe if Shawn was using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, maybe they hit F or another close key and brought up one of these style dialog boxes, which for some reason skittered off screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I was dragging and dropping, but it's altogether possible I hit the wrong key.

I'll be working with RoboHelp today, so I'll try the "dialog box hunt" methods here. Thanks!

Shawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp