Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015 styles not appearing in generated output

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have imported  a FM book into RH2015 and mapped FM styles to HTML styles. The text is correctly styled in the RH editor window, but when I generate WebHelp (both varieties), the output is not styled accordingly.

When I look at the raw HTML, I can see that the text in question is wrapped correctly. For example, <span class="FM_bold">Status</span> ) is in the code, but the wrapped text does not get bolded. It seems as if the CSS is not being read, even though it is correctly referenced in the meta-tags.

Any help?

Thanks

Geoffrey Marnell

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked if (a) the FM_Bold style is defined in your CSS & (b) is that CSS being applied to the output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. Yes, the style is defined in the CSS, but it appears that the CSS referred to in the meta-tags is not being read when the page is rendered.

I eventually pointed all the topic sin my project to RHMapping.css and the changes I made to RHMapping.css were rendered in the browser. RHMapping.css seems to be overriding the CSS explicitly mentioned in the meta-tags (the CSS I was modifying without affect).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can have 1 CSS applied to all topics of your output when you set up the Single Source Layout (SSL) recipe, but there was a bug in RH11 that caused the output topics to have 2 lines referring to 2 different CSS files (& the default one was applied 2nd, so it won out in the output's appearance). I don't have a copy of RH2015 to confirm that it's been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp