• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2017 Books in TOC Not Expanding to Show Topics

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at older threads (12/2016) on this issue and it seems that there hasn't been a fix for this. I have a RH 2017 project with books in the table of contents. There are topics within each book. When the project initially is displayed in the browser, and I click on a book, it opens. As I start to click on other books, nothing happens. This is happening in Google Chrome (v 63.3239.132), but works fine in Firefox and IE. Any suggestions or work-arounds to fix this?

Thanks,

Andrea

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the steps listed in the answer post on this thread? (Post 68 by Peter Grainge)

ToC books not opening in Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried all the suggested in the thread you posted and nothing helps. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically Post 68 as that has worked for everyone else?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yessss! I tried editing the file in Notepad ++ instead of Notepad and it worked. Thanks so much for this fix Peter. Hopefully they will make it permanent so I don't have to update the file everything time I publish. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you edited the file I specified, you will not need to update every time you generate and publish. What file did you edit work on that is making you apply the edit each time?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, I edited the whthost.js file. I assumed that this would have to be edited every time the project is published as with other temporary fixes. If this is not the case, even better. I'm up and running now. Thanks again Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but which one, the one I specified in the files in Program Files or the one that gets copied into the output?

Temporary fixes can often be applied to either, there's no hard and fast rule. Provided you edited the one in Post 68, it will not need editing again.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I made the edits to the whthost.js file in this folder in Program files:

\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_stock.

I published and then uploaded to the web. It's working fine now, but I haven't had to make any edits to the source files and republish again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next time you generate, it should work without any further editing.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok great. Thanks so much Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp