Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2017 Responsive HTML Glossary

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For some reason the glossary in my Responsive HTML output is incomplete. It contains most of the letter "A" items, but anything after "A" is missing. It is find when viewed on my local drive through RoboHelp 2017, but once we put it on a server the glossary does not work right.

I have the updated Robohelp to 13.0.2.334 and I am having this issue in both, IE and Chrome.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Ok, so the easiest way to fix it is to clean out all the files on the webserver and replace them fresh with your output in the \!SSL!\. Then try clearing your browser cache and have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it fine locally if viewed with different browsers? That's the real test to see if it's a missed file or something up on the webserver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. Would a missing file cause an incomplete glossary or would it just cause the entire glossary to be missing? Isn't the entire glossary contained in a single file? Do you know the names of any RoboHelp files that might be suspect? I am looking through all the files, but I have no idea which ones have anything to do with the glossary.

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's first try to narrow down where the issue is - it partially works on the webserver. Does it also act the same way when you look at the generated output on your local drive? If so, then it's an issue with the output. If not, then it's got to be something messed up with the files on the webserver. If it's an issue with the output, does using different browsers have any impact? If yes, then it's something to do with how the browser is digesting the file; if not, then it's something to do with what RH is creating. Process of elimination...see what I mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is fine when viewed through the RoboHelp program in all browsers, and it is fine if I navigate directly to the .html files located in the SSL! output folders on my local drive. So, like you said, it is probably a file issue on the server but I don't know which files could be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so the easiest way to fix it is to clean out all the files on the webserver and replace them fresh with your output in the \!SSL!\. Then try clearing your browser cache and have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You were correct that the files on the server did not match up somehow with the files on my local drive. There are two glossary files available in this project and, when I generated the first Responsive HTML output (we used WebHelp previously), I had the wrong glossary file selected. When I selected the other glossary file and generated a new output, several files were added to the project (this glossary seems to have used a separate document for every letter of the alphabet). Since these files were not there from the original output, I had to go in and find them an "add' them to SVN and commit them. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp