• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 Classic: AirHelp output - is it 64 bit?

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can help with this query as I haven't been able to find the answer online:

Does anyone know if the current version of the AirHelp output - RoboHelp 2019 Classic - creates a 64 bit application (as the current MacOS no longer supports 32 bit applications)

Thanks in advance,

RC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Just for the sake of anyone else looking at these forums in the future - Adobe have confirmed:

"I would like to inform that with Robohelp Classic 2019 ,  32 bit application are created.However with new version , output generated are in 64 bit."

So I am now switching my standalone application from AirHelp to Responsive HTML 5 layout with an Electron wrapper. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Adobe can say for sure but given when it first came out, I would guess 32 bit.

This form of help did not prove popular and most people have moved away from it. There has not been any development of it and on my site I do caution about using it.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/air/air.htm

You talk about "applications". Wouldn't the mobile output be better going forward?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply - your comments are always appreciated - and yes I've seen from your website that you wouldn't recommend using it.

The issue is I have a standalone desktop application, with a separate licensing wrapper applied on top, which I then offer for sale.  If I was starting from scratch now then I wouldn't use RoboHelp Air Help output but given the investment made in developing the product using Air Help I have just been looking for ways to extend the life of the initial investment a little further.

One major stumbling block is my product no longer works on MacOS Catalina as it no longer supports 32-bit applications. I saw this link (https://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2015/12/air-64-bit-on-mac-osx.html#sthash.2X69OBM0.dpbs) and thought it may mean the latest output in RH 2019 Classic might be  64 -bit but perhaps this is not so. I cannot easily check as I no longer have the original version of RH I used to create the product (back in 2014) and so need to know this before purchasing and re-working the product. I have sent Adobe an email after failing to reach them on chat... hopefully will get an answer form them soon.

In the meantime, one other thought was to create the output in HTML5 and then possibly use Electron - something I've only just stumbled across this morning (https://sharpnotions.com/blog/electron-is-it-right-for-building-cross-platform-applications/) - to then take that RoboHelp output and apply a standalone desktop wrapper upon which I can then apply the licensing wrapper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic itself is 32 bit whereas 2019 New UI is 64 bit.

Meantime I have been told that the mobile app output is designed for iOS but likely will not work on the MacOS.

Depending on your answer from Adobe, it does sound as if Electron might be a better solution for your scenario.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for the sake of anyone else looking at these forums in the future - Adobe have confirmed:

"I would like to inform that with Robohelp Classic 2019 ,  32 bit application are created.However with new version , output generated are in 64 bit."

So I am now switching my standalone application from AirHelp to Responsive HTML 5 layout with an Electron wrapper. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp