• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 Classic Does Not Include Parentheses Text in Responsive HTML5 Output

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I output my RH 2019 classic project into responsive HTML5 help, any parentheses I use are not generated in the output. 

For emample, in my project I write "Close Time (sec)." The HTML5 output renders the text as "Close Time sec" without the much needed parentheses. This issue occurs throughout the project. 

Does anyone know what could be causing this issue? It's small and somewhat bizarre, but as a technical writer, I obviously need to use parentheses. 

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

See RoboHelp 2019 on my site. It's a known issue and there is a link to Adobe's fix.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up? Using some strange font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH is up-to-date and I am using Helvetica, so nothing strange. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen in the sample project? Does it happen if you create some other outputs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See RoboHelp 2019 on my site. It's a known issue and there is a link to Adobe's fix.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I've got the same problem on the new RH interface, in 2019.0.9 (or 14.0.9 as the Adobe updater calls it). Your site says that update 9 fixes this issue for the classic interface, but for the new interface that is apparently not the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure about the sample project, but the issue does occur in my other projects as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not an issue in 2019.0.9 topics except in a search.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah OK, indeed I was looking at the topic via a search. Via the TOC it indeed displays correctly. Do you know if they will be working on this as well? I think more people will look at topics by using search than by using the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes the search issue will be fixed in an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp