• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019 File Type for Context Sensitive Help

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a list of Robohelp file types, such as .hhk for the Index, and .glo for the glossary. However, I can't find anything for the file that contains all the Map ID assignments for context sensitive help. What is that file name or file extension?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was .h files in older versions; not sure if it changed in RH2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .h file type is a fairly universal file type. I'd be shocked to know that it changed in 2019.

However, that's the file type that a RoboHelp author would use and hand to a developer. I'm wondering if what is being asked about is the project file type that may be used so the RoboHelp project knows how to manage things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still the same. And while I was looking, I noticed the file All Map Numbers.hh, which was what I was actually looking for. The .h files just contain the separate categories (we have several) and the Map IDs that pertain to them. The .hh file has a list of all of them.

Unfortunately, that file only has the Map ID description. I suppose there is no way to find a list of the actual topics that each Map ID was assigned to. Correct?

Edited: I was going over the list, and noticed that this file doesn't contain all Map ID assignments. The newest ones appear to be missing. I've generated output several times, so I should think it would have updated that file, so I looked again, and the last update for that file was 2/9/18. There are other .hh files with later dates so I'd have to gather them up (no problem). However there doesn't appear to be just one file I can pass off to a developer that contains a list of Map IDs and their topic assignments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .ali file used to map the map name to the topic path. I haven't looked at context sensitivity in RH2019 though, so not sure what it looks like now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How it works in 2019 is described in the RoboHelp Reimagined sample and the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp