• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 - How Do I Change Spacing Before and After

Participant ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to change the spacing of one line of text. I want to put more space before and after. This was accomplished in pervious version by right-clicking the mouse and selecting 'Paragraph'. You could then amend the spacing. I have not found how to do this in verison 2019.  

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Wouldn't you do a Shift-Enter after the (b.) point to get a blank line?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change those settings for a paragraph, click in it (not select) and go to Properties > Alignment and set some left and right margins.

I tried that for one line where you do have to select the span and it works on the first line but puts the margin after the last word which by then has moved to the next line so you get a gap.

Hopefully it is a paragraph you want to change.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I write user guides with step by step directions. I have numbered lists mainly but also text or a paragraphs here and there.

Within a numbered list, at times, I need to put a note about something. I will go the the next line, remove the number and then type the note out. I put space below and above this text so it stand out among the numbered steps. 

I do see the Alignment option if I click in a paragraph or even just one line of text. But...when I am within a numbered list and the Note is indented, the Alignment option is not shown.

Line of text.jpg

Note.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't you do a Shift-Enter after the (b.) point to get a blank line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to "steal" this post, but we just started using RH 2019 "reimagined", after previously using Classic. Here's what I'm struggling with - for Before and After paragraph spacing, we used to have this option when we selected a paragraph (in a list or regular paragraph)

RHParagraphSpacing.jpg

I tried the Top and Bottom margins in Alignment but not so easy.  Especially in numbered or bulleted lists. Is that what I'm supposed to use instead of the previous Before and After spacing above?

I also didn't see my "Normal" style.  Where could that be?

Do I need to change the <p> attributes?  What if I don't want this to be a global change, but just for a specific paragraph?

And for a bulleted list, I need to add  the <b> between each row.  Or should I change the margin attributes for the style in the CSS?  Should I go into HTML and change the <p style="margin-bottom=6px;"> - for each paragraph or row?

Sorry - I'm a long-time RoboHelp user, trying to adjust to "reimagined".  So I need help. What works simplest and best?

Thanks!

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that hint Jeff. I was not aware of this keyboard shortcut. 

I will adjust to using that, since Adobe didn't think to leave the Alignment functionality for bulleting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the change is to apply to a whole paragraph, the trick is to not select that paragraph, just put the cursor in it.

Try that with your issues and post back what you still can't fix.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Peter.  I see now.

Still getting used to how to adjust spacing for bulleted and numbered list styles. Maybe I should play around with creating a NEW style for a bulleted list with the Before and After spacing I want, since I usually need to increase those a bit.

I also saw that when I added a "break" tag </br> in the HTML, I needed to place it after the </li>, or it ends up within the line and won't show the after spacing I want. 

Thanks so much for all your help!

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're in the Properties > General panel, you are applying local formatting, not changing your style. To edit a style you need to open the css file. Margin-top and -bottom are the same as the Spacing options in Classic, just the naming has changed to match CSS rather than Word conventions.

p is Normal, it just didn't tell you that in Classic. 🙂

I'm not sure what you mean by "And for a bulleted list, I need to add  the <b> between each row.  "

As for applying the margin for each paragraph or changing the style, if you want the formatting to apply for all paragraphs, then change the style, otherwise apply the formatting to individual paragraphs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your helpful info here.

My confusing statement referred to the "break" tag </br>, to add space between bulleted list paragraphs.

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp