• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 is missing a Framemaker import option

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from having separate RoboHelp and FrameMaker products (2017 version) to the TCS suite (2019 version). I've been able to use FrameMaker 2019 no problem, but when I attempted to import my document from RoboHelp, I can no longer see a FrameMaker import option. The only options available in the Import menu are Word and Captivate. I've looked up the import instructions for importing a FrameMaker document and they are the same for RH 2019 as they have been. Does this mean my RoboHelp install is defective? Below is a screenshot of my File menu with the import options.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered my own question (sort of). The above is a screenshot of RoboHelp 2019. I was able to import my FrameMaker file using RoboHelp 2019 classic.

I'm still a little confused by RoboHelp 2019, but I am signed up for the training so will figure it out then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version is missing a ton of features that are available in the Classic version. I recommend waiting for the first updates and seeing what they add back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. The features of "Create Browsing Sequence" and "Create Windows" are also missing in Adobe RoboHelp 2019. Now, I am figuring out to move from Adobe RoboHelp 2019 to Adobe RoboHelp Classic 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use a 2019 project in 2019 Classic. You will have to go back to your 2017 version and open that in 2019 Classic.

Fortunately the upgrade to 2019 (new) leaves your previous version in it native format.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right. We cannot open the RoboHelp 2019 project directly in RoboHelp 2019 Classic.

That's why I have performed the following steps.

1. Created a blank project in Adobe RoboHelp 2019 Classic.
  2. Moved the content files (htm files), images, and stylesheets to the folder where the new classic project is created.
  3. Imported the files in the Classic Project.
  4. Created new Table of Contents and Index.
  5. Compiled the output.

By the way, the Adobe RoboHelp 2019 also does not provide the option to create multiple index files and use any of them in any output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you saying that you have then been able to generate from the Classic version into which you have imported the 2019 topics. In theory that should not work as the code is very different. Do test thoroughly.

In 2019, there is only one index. See the RoboHelp Reimagined Sample Project or the RoboHelp Tour on my site. It's explained in both.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I'd like to say that I logged a couple of bugs and enhancements a week or so ago and all of them are now In Test according to the tracker. I think that the new RH 2019 is a beta version at best and it should not have been released like this, but at least someone is actually looking at the feature requests this time around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck with the training. Where did you sign up? To my knowledge, nobody is offering classes quite yet. Then again, things are constantly changing in that arena.

The advice of waiting until 2019 is more fully baked is sound. Because things are still evolving with it, I might call into question how well any training will actually go. Because they would be unable to train on missing features. And what is there may be changing as 2019 evolves.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The training is just an introduction to RoboHelp 2019 (offered by Adobe). I know next to nothing about what Adobe is trying to achieve with the new RoboHelp so this will be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r​ This might be the training referred to:

https://courses.techcommtools.com/p/rh2019intro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is third party training from a reputable source. Check with them when the training will be available as currently you cannot import FrameMaker into RoboHelp 2019.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp