Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 New UI - Images moving to the right in Output

Participant ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's me again.

Concerning Bulleted Lists and images: The only way I can get the numbering correct is to place my cursor at the end of a line and insert the image. For instance:

1. This is a numbered bullet and I want to insert an image under this step. I place my cursor here at the end of the line:|

Here is a picture of what my guide looks like within RoboHelp:

Within RoboHelp.jpg

When I generated the Output and viewed it, this is what I see:

Output.jpg

If I hit enter and exit the numbering, the images display properly.  But to keep the numbering synced, I don't know what else to do to keep the images from moving in the output. 

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you enter the image at the end of the line that is what I'd expect - the image appears at the end of the line if the page is wide enough. It just happens your Robohelp window isn't wide enough so the line wraps and looks like what you want.

Instead, place your cursor at the end of the line, hold down Shift, then press Enter. That will enter a line break rather than a carriage return (paragraph mark). Then insert your image. When you generate, your image will still be within your list item but on a new line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, it appears as though I must complete my topic entry and then do all the formatting. When I enter it as I go, I cannot do the  Shift/Enter because my bulleted numbering does not continue after inserting the image. But I see now that I have my topic finished, I am able to insert a line before the image. Hopefully this holds true.

Michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click enter with the cursor immediately to the right of the image, it will resume the bullets or numbers. Use shift enter then enter if you want an extra line before you resume the bullets or numbers.

Post back if still not working.

Posted edited following Amber's correction below. Thanks Amber.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You only want to use Shift+Enter to add a line where you'll insert the image. Once you add the image pressing Enter should continue the numbering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp