Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019 - Will not generate PDF

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Fairly new to Robohelp.  Currently pulling my hair out trying to get it to output to PDF.  Have outputted extremely similar projects to PDF.  But his one does not want to play ball.  It will output as Win help file, web help, responsive HTML5. 

No Index or glossary and most of the settings set to default. 

Seems to be very temperamental.

Any help would be grateful for. 

Best regards,

Mike

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved this to Printed Documentation as I couldn't see why you posted it in the CHM forum, a different output to the one you are having a problem with.The Overview page of each forum explains what goes where.

Are you using 2019 Classic or the new UI?

Is this a new project you have created or an old one you have taken on from someone else?

What happens when you try to generate?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter, I missed that. 

I am using the new UI.  It is a new project, but the individual pages are extracted from an compiled help file. 

It will generate the help file fine, when it comes to the PDF it updates all the pages fine and then fails to combine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "the individual pages are extracted from an compiled help file"? Are you not using source files? Source files and output files are very different and I would not be surprised by output files not playing nicely.

Others reported a similar issues in the initial release. Have you applied the updates? You only need to apply the latest, Update 3.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having to recreate the source files as they were lost at some point in the past.  So I have recreated all the source files in Dreamweaver and then added them to RH.

I was running on update 2, I updated last night to update 3 and tried outputting a pdf and still the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is a bug here. I will check with Adobe.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe not.

Open the preset for editing. Is there an Output Path set? 2019 does not create a default path. If not, set one and save before generating again.

If it still fails, clear the Include Index check box and save before trying again.

Let us know how that goes.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

It had a default path set, I tried changing it and still the same result.  I had the "Include Index" check box cleared and the glossary drop box.  I have tried all the various permutations of the available options with the same result each time. 

Thanks for continuing to look into this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please try with one of the supplied sample projects that you can find in My RoboHelp Projects.

If that also fails can you share your project with me? See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp