• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp is adding spacing to images in output.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue when I put two images on top of each other when I am editing a page. As you can see in the editor, the images are stacked together and there is no spacing between them:

editor.png

But when I try to view the topic in a view or html response, RoboHelp puts a space in between the images:

spacing.png

Now it may seem strange why I am trying to do this and not just merge the images together into one image, but I may, for example, want to change the top or the bottom image individually.

So why is RoboHelp putting a space in between the images in the output?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also to add to this, Robohelp does not add a space to images if I put them side to side, only when they are stacked on each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click next to the images, look at the style dropdown. What does that show? Set it to None to see if that makes a difference.

Also look in different browsers. It could be how the browser renders things rather than something in RoboHelp.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. I had to change the margin-bottom to a negative number in the CSS file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That suggests a style was applied. Was that the case?

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp