• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp2015 Updating table snippit not displaying changes

Participant ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on converting a webhelp project to responsive HTML5. When I go into my project to change the snippits we have for our tables, I can change the color of the header of the table, but when I exit out of editing the snippit, the old color still appears in the table heading example. When I add the table snippet to a new topic the new color shows in the table heading color shows in the new topic, but when I generate Responsive HTML5 output, the old color for the table displays in the table heading. How to I edit the color in the snippet and have it remain. We do convert our table snippits to HTML so we can add content to them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Hi there

When you convert your snippet to HTML, you are breaking any connection between the snippet and the topic. What was formerly snippet content simply becomes part of the topic. This is why you aren't seeing the changes reflected in the topics where you have done this.

RoboHelp does offer table styles. You might consider adding a table style to your CSS and making the modifications there. Once you do that, any tables using that style are updated and changes should cascade to the tables whethe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you convert your snippet to HTML, you are breaking any connection between the snippet and the topic. What was formerly snippet content simply becomes part of the topic. This is why you aren't seeing the changes reflected in the topics where you have done this.

RoboHelp does offer table styles. You might consider adding a table style to your CSS and making the modifications there. Once you do that, any tables using that style are updated and changes should cascade to the tables whether they are in Snippets or in Topics.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I knew about the connection break between the snippit and the topic. However, your suggestion to use the table styles is a great one! It might have some limitations for us compared to how structured our sippits are but we will see. Great help, Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp