• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roobohelp 9 integration with TFS 2013

Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was working on Robohelp 9 with Team foundation server 2012 and I had also installed the MSSCCI provider. Now I've moved on to Team foundation server 2013.

Is it possible to integrate Robohelp projects with TFS 2013? What are the necessary installations to do so?

Kindly suggest your views asap

Thanks,

Dipali

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved to Source Control forum.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Requirements are the same as for TFS 2013. You need a Visual Studio installation (The Integrated Shell with TFS client is enough) and the MSSCCI provider for the TFS client version you have installed. You can connect to TFS 2013 server with a VS2012 installation, so nothing needs to change on your end. (Unless the new server version requires you to update your workspace. In that case you may have to relink the project the first time you open it in RoboHelp.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks Willam!

I've done the installations correctly and now I can work on Robohelp 9 with TFS 2013. But still I'm facing the following two issues:

1. When I generate the .chm file and then in the .chm, if try to use search functionality by providing the word/sentence, I get an error saying that "No topics found." even though the related topics are available in the chm file. This means that the search functionality is not working.
  2. When I try to get the latest version from the mapped folder of my machine or try to do any check-outs/check-ins, I cannot do so and I get the following error message. Kindly help me to resolve this issue. Do I need to install any patch/anything?

Rh error.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to check in/check out using Visual Studio? It would seem that the installation of VS or the MSSCCI providers is corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm able to do the check-ins, but the above two issues (mentioned in my last post) are still not resolved.

One more issue:

We have installed the licensed version of Robohelp 9 on another machine. The MSSCCI provider provider 2013 for 64 bit, TFS 2013 and Power tools are also installed. The TFS mapping is done properly.

The mapping is available outside the projects, i.e. we can check-out the files in the mapped project folder but if we open the Robohelp project, the TFS mapping is not available in side the project. We are getting the below error  and there is no option of source control on any for Check-ins.

Trupti_RH error.png

We cannot do the operations like creating windows, layouts, ToC, etc due to this issue.

Kindly suggest if you know any solution to overcome this issue. We have a scheduled release, so need to resolve this issue ASAP.

Thanks,

Dipali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yessss!

I could solve one issue!

Instead of MSSCCI provider 64 bit, we should install MSSCCI provider 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp