Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search Feature in RoboHelp

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I currently use the RoboHelp HTML edition version 11. Previously we used version 7 and my client was comfortable with the Search being in alphabetical order. Is there anyway i can remove the Rank feature and have my Search alphabetically?

Regards,

Swati

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

To the best of my knowledge the only way you would achieve that within RoboHelp is to make the help Section 508 compliant. That means you cannot have a skin so it's probably not what you will want.

The alternative is a very extensive index but that is not quite the same thing.

A third party tool such as Zoomsearch (described on my site) but that's more work.

Nowadays most people are used to ranked searching because of Google. Perhaps you could use that argument?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge the only way you would achieve that within RoboHelp is to make the help Section 508 compliant. That means you cannot have a skin so it's probably not what you will want.

The alternative is a very extensive index but that is not quite the same thing.

A third party tool such as Zoomsearch (described on my site) but that's more work.

Nowadays most people are used to ranked searching because of Google. Perhaps you could use that argument?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter. I am definitely using the Google Search as my argument.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Backtracking on my answer. I was just looking through Snippets on my site and found a possible answer. See Item 12 at Snippets

It's for an older version of RoboHelp but I suspect it may still be good. Let me know if you try it.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try this and it did not work for me. Hence posted the query in this blog. I use RoboHelp 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll update the Snippet.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Can we maybe take another shot at explaining exactly what you are wanting to achieve? I first saw this:

Previously we used version 7 and my client was comfortable with the Search being in alphabetical order. Is there anyway i can remove the Rank feature and have my Search alphabetically?

So that tells me you are hoping to remove the ranking column. And that's a pretty simple task. You just do it in the SSL Recipe options.

What is throwing me a bit is the mention of "have my Search alphabetically".

This could mean a few different things and I think we need to clarify exactly what is meant by having search alphabetically.

Are you saying that you want the search results to be listed in Alphabetical order? Or are you saying you want the kind of search where you see the alphabetical letters across the top of the search panel?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp