• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search not Working in Webhelp or Webhelp Pro

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running Adobe Robohelp version 10.  I have several different RH files that I manage (desk procedures) and in each of the ones that I manage, my latest publishings have broken search functions.  What I mean by broke: it will search some words just fine, but others that I know are in my desk procedures show "no topics found".   Some of my files are published using webhelp and some webhelp pro, with the same problem.

I have done the following:

1) Gone back to a backed up file dated 05/01/2014 (that the search seems to be working just fine in) and done edits to it, published and it breaks the search.

2) I have gone back to the working 05/01/2014 file and done nothing to it except publish it and it breaks.

3) Checked the button to clear the cache

4) From Webhelp Settings Option I have:

·         Changed output folder that it publishes to (which is on a local drive before I transfer it to the network drive)

·         I have enabled substring search (which actually does allow it to render some results, but not all the results it should)

·         Tried to click “Republish All” setting

5) Created new (not duplicate) webhelp layout

6) Checked that language is set to English (US)

7) Ensured that the words that I know aren’t searching aren’t included in the ignore and stop list.

8) Tried switching from DHTML > Pure HTML to just Pure HTML

9) I noticed that the Output view generates the following message :

Processing Full-text-search data...

Finished processing Full-Text-Search data in 0 sec(s)

10) Deleted the “webhelp” file from the !SSL! folder and then republished it

11) The biggest finds that I have are the following:

·         That publishing the file is what seems to break the search functionality

·         When the file is published a few of the files in the !SSL! folder are substantially smaller than they were in the working file:

o   WHXDATA

o   WHGDATA

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shannon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm noticing a huge item missing from your checklist.

* Applied all the service releases to RoboHelp.

I believe this may have been addressed in a RoboHelp Service Release.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick!  I'm a fan of your work since I have been looking over the forums the last 3 days!  ha ha.  I work for the government, so I don't have much control over downloading updates, but when I go to help-->updates, it doesn't show any outstanding updates for RH (I did have my IT download one yesterday, but the problem still exists).  I am currently running version 10.0.1.292 on internet explorer 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try

http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

and

http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/robohelp-patches-and-updates

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an awfully old thread, but I am curious to know if the OP fixed this or not. I am currently running Robohelp 11.0.0.179 in Windows 7. I have been running WebHelp Pro output on Server 9, but finally had to toss it out because Server 9 isn't compatible with safe java packs anymore (which breaks its admin functions).

So, I have been experimenting with WebHelp to see if I can just host it on our Tomcat server directly. So far so good, but I have the same issue with a missing whfts.xml file in the whxdata directory. I get a failed to initialize on the search, of course. This is consistent on IE11 and Firefox 45. I have searched the Readmes for 11.01,02,03,and 04 and none reference this problem that I can see? I would like to keep using Robohelp 11 for a while longer if at all possible.Someone else said Adobe pointed them to some missing msxml files--I have msmxl4 but not 4a or 4r (as noted in the first link below) in the Windows SYSWOW64 directory, but if that's the problem I'm out of luck as I too work on highly controlled government machines. All other websites work fine so it's hard to believe it's that. Everything else is peachy. I have tried what others have suggested, including a new SSL, excluding all baggage files from search in the generate options. . .no joy.

Some of what I've read:

RoboHelp 10 WebHelp search feature not working?

https://forums.adobe.com/message/4864208#4864208#4864208

Broken WebHelp, missing *.js files in whxdata folder

I have heard in that same first thread about replacing the js files--has anyone done this? Other suggestions, I am game. Full text search is my only broken issue. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have determined one additional thing to add to the OP's information. I went back through old archived SSL output and found some old Robohelp 10-generated versions of the project (maybe that's related, maybe not) and went to the whxdata. I did find two of the search files that were missing there--whfts.xml, and a js file called whfts_xml. Copying these files from an old project does enable search--i.e., it does initialize. But it won't find any results. It appears I am still missing:

whftdata0.xml

WHFTS.XML

WHFWDATA0.XML

So, until I can get Robohelp to generate these, I'm still out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, I found the most recent thread on this for others looking here:

Search Error: Failed to initialize database

It appears there really is something to all the msxml issues and I will need to pursue it or try going for Robohelp 2015 Update 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll need the MSXML 4 parser for RH to work as expected. It's a bit of an old version, but that's how this issue is normally solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp