Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Separating Breadcrumbs Text

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using the Ocean layout in the 2017 release of RoboHelp (v13.0.0.257).

My question is about how I can insert a [>] symbol to separate breadcrumbs text that is now running together, as shown in the image below.

I have actually done this already in a previous project using the same layout, but I cannot remember how I did this before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

In case this issue comes up for anyone else out there, I was able to resolve this by editing the main.css, main-rt.css, and bootstrap.min.css files by adding a content: '>'; string in several places in the breadcrumbs code.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you managing your Breadcrumbs? Breadcrumbs placeholder? In a Master Page? Globally?

If it's via the breadcrumbs placeholder, you edit the placeholder and add the separator:

Snag_25152be4.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worth adding that the Ocean layout was dropped in the second update to RoboHelp 2017 for various technical reasons. It doesn't mean you cannot continue to use it but you may hit problems with it.

Also I can see that you have not applied the updates. When you do, if you have used any of the other layouts you should go to the Gallery in your output and take fresh copies.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do realize that the Ocean layout was dropped, which is a shame because it best fits the look and feel that our company is going for. For us it is the best option for now. I have not applied the updates, because it causes the topics to be cut off in the middle of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. As long as you are aware is what matters.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I initially was able to make this change by editing the css files. How can I open the dialog pictured?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case this issue comes up for anyone else out there, I was able to resolve this by editing the main.css, main-rt.css, and bootstrap.min.css files by adding a content: '>'; string in several places in the breadcrumbs code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp