• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show Navigation Pane Link in Topics

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am moving to Robohelp 2019 and I cannot locate the option Show Navigation Pane Link in Topics. Does anyone know where the option is now located? Thank you!

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH2019 are you running? Classic or New UI? What form of output/layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know where this option is located in RH 2020? I'm generating WebHelp. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@keithh13764083 You are not generating WebHelp in 2020. That is explained here WebHelp Output (grainge.org).

It's not really an option as if you open the full help you don't see it because you don't open and if you open the topic through a call that does not open the TOC etc, the link should just appear.

Do you perhaps mean how can you change the text of the link? That is in Outputs > Labels.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I'll try to give more background. (My problems are never simple!)

We have an old RoboHelp project generated in RH10. That project had the Show Navigation Pane Link in Topics check box selected (for WebHelp output).

Recently, we got RH 2020. We've brought the old RH10 project into RH2020 using the Upgrade project feature. I then generated output (using the WebHelp output).

Now, my developers think that output may have a security breach. They base this opinion on this old thread:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/is-javascript-a-security-threat/td-p/4964933?page=1

They seem to think that unchecking that Show Navigation Pane Link in Topics check box may resolve the problem.

I don't see any Show Navigation Pane Link in Topics check box in RH 2020. So here's what I've done:

* Went back to the old project in RH10 and unchecked the Show Navigation Pane Link in Topics check box.
* Brought old project into RH2020 (again) using the Upgrade feature.
* Generated new output in RH2020 for developers to test.

Peter, do you think whether that check box is selected (or unselected) could cause a security threat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That thread is seven years old and 2020 is based on entirely new code so it is not relevant.

Whether or not the same link in 2020 has the same issue is not something I will comment on. If I say I don't think it has and then it is found to have a risk, you won't be thanking me. To be clear, you or your developers have to determine that but not based on something seven years old. 

I can't find a check box in 2020 but I don't know which skin you are using. Please add a screenshot so that I can see it.

Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Some supporters will not open attachments for security reasons and if you do download, you are then not seeing the image inline with the text. Then thanks to a quirk of this forum you have to close the thread and reopen it before you can reply. Crazy but that's the way it is.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

<<That thread is seven years old and 2020 is based on entirely new code so it is not relevant.>>
That was my feeling too!

<<Whether or not the same link in 2020 has the same issue is not something I will comment on. If I say I don't think it has and then it is found to have a risk, you won't be thanking me. To be clear, you or your developers have to determine that but not based on something seven years old>>.
I understand your position perfectly!

<<I can't find a check box in 2020 but I don't know which skin you are using. Please add a screenshot so that I can see it.>>
I'm using the Azure Blue template that is included as part of RH2020. Image has been attached using the Insert Photo icon.

Azure blue skin RH2020.PNGThanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No check box option I can see for that skin which rather confirms that it is automatic. If they open the topic via the starter page they won't see that link. 🙂

If the help is installed locally in theory a user who has access to the help file through their network could open a file by double clicking it and would then see the link. I believe the risk is different between the topic being opened locally and from a server through a browser but again that's for your developers to decide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter. As always, I appreciate your knowledge and your willingness to share with others!

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp