• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single-sourced alpha list is randomly ignoring space between letter and text

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm single-sourcing my FM book into RH (TCS version 2015). I've auto-mapped my FM paragraph styles in RH, and in the Conversion Settings, told RH to Convert Autonumber to Text. This has worked perfectly, except for one weird thing: if I have an alpha list that extends to G, the space between the period and the following text disappears. When looking at the HTML for the list, it looks like this:

AlphaList.jpg

The yellow highlighted part is how it should appear. The blue highlighted area is what G is automatically converted to. It's in every topic linked from that FM book that has a long alpha list - not just this one.

I can manually fix this by adding that span tag, but that defeats the purpose of single-sourcing. I shouldn't have to go through all topics that have a long alpha list and fix this. Why is it doing this, and how do I fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

It could be that (the width issue); but are you saying that your FM content has both _1 and _2 tags applied to B, C, D, etc.?

I used to use that “turn all lists into text” setting, but then I found that I couldn’t monkey with their appearance very easily via the “Apply All” command in my SSL to slap a CSS on all topics. Once I started telling RH that it was an HTML ordered list, they came across fine and I could just edit their appearance via the CSS sheet outside of RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What’s the FM source content look like for this section? There seems to be 2 FM_ autonumbering tags at play here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FM source looks and acts normally. In FM, I have an Alpha1 style to start/restart lists and an Alpha style to continue lists. However, this shouldn't affect the G... at least I wouldn't think it would.

FMAlphaList.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s what I was expecting to see, but if you look at each of F & G (H, etc.) you see that they all have mention of FMAutonumber_1, but “F” has FMAutonumber_1 and 2 – I would have only expected to see the “A” term in the list have FMAutonumber1 associated with it & all the rest have FMAutonumber_2 with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean. In RH, all the letters (with the exception of G) have both FMAutoNumber _1 and 2 (by the way, my numbered lists have both as well). G is the only one that doesn't, despite using the exact same FM style as letters B through whatever. The lists seem to work with both FMAutoNumber _1 and 2 - I just don't know why G randomly doesn't include both.

And speaking of numbered lists, this same issue (the spacing issue) occurs for them starting at 10. But unlike the alpha list, the spacing doesn't correct itself after 10 - it continues. I assume it has something to do with the numbers being double-digits. Could it be that G is a wider width than the other letters, causing a similar problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that (the width issue); but are you saying that your FM content has both _1 and _2 tags applied to B, C, D, etc.?

I used to use that “turn all lists into text” setting, but then I found that I couldn’t monkey with their appearance very easily via the “Apply All” command in my SSL to slap a CSS on all topics. Once I started telling RH that it was an HTML ordered list, they came across fine and I could just edit their appearance via the CSS sheet outside of RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, the _1 and _2 tags are applied to A, B, C, D, etc. Just not G.

I turned off the convert autonumber to text setting, and the spacing issue is now moot. I know there was a reason for turning it on in the first place, but right now I can't think of why, and it seems to look OK. I'll go the HTML list route from here on out.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp