Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snippets not displaying in Robohelp 10 html files

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am trying to insert a snippet (I have tried adding new ones and using existing ones) into a topic.

The snippet displays in the editing pane and also in the pdf for review output and in the preview topic pane.

However when I open the html file directly from windows explorer, the snippet doesn't display. One of my outputs uses these html files and I am keen to make the most of the snippet functionality.

Any Tips?

Thanks,

Caroline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Hi there

When you insert a snippet, what you are really inserting is some code in the HTML that looks like this:

tmp1.png

This code will need to be processed during the generation process to insert the actual snippet information.

RoboHelp is not similar to other HTML editors in that what you edit may simply be used immediately. Working with RoboHelp projects is similar to working with ingredients to prepare a dish. You will need to bake the cookie dough to have the cookies!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you insert a snippet, what you are really inserting is some code in the HTML that looks like this:

tmp1.png

This code will need to be processed during the generation process to insert the actual snippet information.

RoboHelp is not similar to other HTML editors in that what you edit may simply be used immediately. Working with RoboHelp projects is similar to working with ingredients to prepare a dish. You will need to bake the cookie dough to have the cookies!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the prompt reply, it is much appreciated. I thought the answer might lie in the processing!

Regards,

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp