• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snippets through selection

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create snippets based on the text that I select in a topic. As I need to create a huge collection of snippets library, I was wondering if there is any feature or ready-made script available that helps me with converting individual table rows as snippets, it would save a lot of time for me in creating snippets. Can anyone please guide me on this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately, my crystal ball appears to be cracked and my psychic skills are sub-par today. As a result, I'm unable to divine the version of RoboHelp you may be using.

In later versions of RoboHelp, you have the capability of selecting across a block of text, right-clicking and choosing to Add to > Snippets.

Kind of curious about why the need for as many as you think you may be needing though.

Also, if your goal is to have a snippet be a row of a table, I'm not sure that you will be able to realize that goal. I note that when I have a table and select the row, the context menu DOES present the Add to bit, but Snippets is disabled (or greyed out as so many like to refer to it). So even if you were able to get a table row added as a Snippet, it likely wouldn't work well to seamlessly insert into an existing table or even append onto an existing table.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the same as Rick but wondered if you could create the snippet and then add the table directly into the snippet, maybe at HTML level. However, like Rick, I think it might not insert neatly into another table. A bit of trial and error in a dummy project maybe?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I just tested this in a dummy topic. I had inserted a table consisting of two rows by two columns.

Then I added some text to each column of one row.

I then selected the row and changed to HTML view. Copied only the TR down to the /TR tags.

Added that to a snippet. I had to simply switch to HTML view in order to add it.

Upon adding the snippet to the existing table, it wasn't quite what I'd hoped.

tmp1.png

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Annnnd here's how it behaved if I just created a single row two column table in the snippet.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp