We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I gave the new UI a go when RH2019 first came out and very quickly moved back to Classic as I was having no end of problems (one of the original ones was that most of my imports would simply crash RH). My use case is to condition new projects by importing Word documents and then generating responsive HTML5 output (with little to no manual manipulation of the RH files after import). With the active updates to RH2019 (now at update 12) I thought I'd go back and give this another try.
I don't seem to run into the crashes anymore but I see several immediate effects that I haven't been able to quickly resolve. I'm posting them here in case others might have suggestions on how to mitigate them. One reason I'd like to move to the new UI eventually is to leverage the added scripting capability (ideally I'd like to automate most of the import to HTML5 process since 99% of it is well-defined/repeatable).
To start, I configure the import as follows: start new topics from Heading 1/2 styles, map all styles to imported style (in order to maintain exact style for the source document), add topics to TOC, *de-*select convert word lists to html lists.
Here's what I'm seeing after import:
BTW, if I don't *de-*select convert word lists to html lists I see all kinds of weirdness with the auto-numbering of the translated heading styles...
These are initial observances, I haven't dived very deep into this yet.
It's late here but I will take a look at this in the morning. Meantime you may find the topic on Importing in the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project of use.
Thx Peter, I did have a read of that section at one point and didn't see anything obvious there that might explain the above items and/or that might explicitly indicate a different workflow/behaviour from what Classic essentially does. Maybe I'm missing something though that's meant to highlight something unique about the New UI Word importation process?
List Item 1
I created a folder first and after import it looked like this. What are you seeing?
I set that to be added to the existing TOC. It gave the book the name of the document.
What are you seeing that you don't like?
List Item 2
In 2019 the content is a flat list of topics. Books will be added later but right now that is a limitation.
List Item 3
I guess my answer to List Item 5 would also fix this for now but obviously it is not a proper solution.
I can only suggest trying different mapping options in 2019 New.
List Item 4
I'll have to pass on this one. No idea what is causing that.
List Item 5
Someone else posted on this recently and the only current solution is to import into a Classic project first and then import the topics from there. That worked and the issue will be fixed at some point.
Thx for trying this.
And here's what this looks like in New UI:
As you might guess the resulting HTML5 output does not then include the Classic like hierarchy, which is:
New UI is:
Can you send me the file you are testing with. See my Contact page and ignore the bit about using WeTransfer as it is just the Word document I would like to see.
I think I'll get a better idea of the issues.