• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC Navigation pane doesn't show in WebHelp Rh2015

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to show the navigation pane so that you can see the Table of Contents automatically. When I run my project on my server (not robohelp's server) there is a link called Show which I need to click to show the TOC.

The image below displays when I run my WebHelp project on Rh2015 on my company server.

Nav_Page_Not_Shown.png

This is the same project but running on my local PC.

Nav_Pane_Shown.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Hi there

When you generate WebHelp you usually see this dialog:

tmp1.png

Note what you see in that Output Folder and Start Page field. Usually it's a file named "index.htm". That's the page you point to to launch WebHelp. And when you use that page, you see the full TOC and other things.

What you are apparently doing is opening a page that is part of the project, but isn't the start page. And if that's what you want to do, to display that page, try clicking that link you see where it says Show.

tmp2.png

Then note the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you generate WebHelp you usually see this dialog:

tmp1.png

Note what you see in that Output Folder and Start Page field. Usually it's a file named "index.htm". That's the page you point to to launch WebHelp. And when you use that page, you see the full TOC and other things.

What you are apparently doing is opening a page that is part of the project, but isn't the start page. And if that's what you want to do, to display that page, try clicking that link you see where it says Show.

tmp2.png

Then note the path that should appear in the address bar of your browser. That's the link you will want to use to open this page.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and that second image you posted? That's not actually the project running from your local C drive. It's the project all loaded up in Adobe RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick

Many thanks for that - it works.

However, the link always takes you to the index.html which does show the navigation pane and all the contents.

So:

when I click "Create a Web Form" on my web page, it goes to index.html.

when I click "Edit a Web Form" on my web page, it goes to index.html.

when I click "Execute a Web Form" on my web page, it goes to index.htm.

This is my Web Page.

Is there a way to direct the link to go to a specific file, for example,  Create-a-Web-Form.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I re-read your previous messages and I got it sorted.

Many thanks for all your help Rick.

Ros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp