• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic Links in AdobeRobo Help 11

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've inherited a document from a former employee. I need to make some version updates but every time I change the content of a Topic Link, it duplicates into all the Topic Links.

I have a graphic which is the source of the link. Once I open the topic link to edit, I can. After saving, and moving on to the next Topic Link, the previous information I changed is in this Topic Link.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It sounds as if you have a link in one topic that points to another topic. Right?

So if you click that link and the other topic opens, you are changing that topic you linked to.

From what you have described, it would seem the other links where you note the changes are also there are pointing to the same topic.

Try this. Open that topic you changed in the editor. Then right-click it and you should see an option labeled "Show topic links". And from there you should see a graphical representation of any topics that are also linking to this topic as well as from this topic.

Snag_1c6ca4fb.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

I did what you suggested but there is only 1 link to the particular topic.

In the other pages, this same link (same name) appears as the link in question. Even when I change the copy in Editor, the information from the whatever the last save topic link appears. It is like there are multiple links to this same Topic Link. I can't find where to change the links. I can kill the other links and create new links but I can't even find where to create topic links to the image (pop-up).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this would seem to be one of those cases where the only way we can honestly get to the bottom of things is to connect with someone such as myself and allow the person to "look over your shoulder" via a screen share.

Normally I'd love to offer up doing that, but I'm working under a time crunch with a project at the moment.

Would it be possible to connect some time tomorrow?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely!

I have a graphic that when clicked has a drop list of links. That is where my links are coming from. It's so frustrating because I'm stuck in RoboHelp 11 for now and there's very little help out there. I definitely appreciate your help!

Let me know when you want to chat tomorrow. I'll be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you send me a private email message to rickstone1975 (at) gmail (dot) com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp