• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic Page Not Publishing

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else come across this issue?  I am using Robohelp 2019 and I have a topic page that is not being saved into the output folders when I publish.  The page is present in the source files contents folder, it is present when I'm editing in Robohelp, but when I publish the manual the htm file isn't present in the output folder and I get an error on the page saying it can't load. I tried to copy the htm file from the source folder to the output folder, when I do that the page loads but not all of the graphics or other elements in the page, all of which are present when I'm editing in Robohelp. I also tried deleting the page then importing it from a previous version of the manual but I get the same issue.  Any guesses what's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 Classic or New UI?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new UI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all you cannot copy source to output or output to source, very different code.

Is the topic in the TOC?

When you generate there is a dialog bottom right of the screen. Does that warn of any issues?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topic is in the TOC and I don't get any error messages in the bottom right box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Any condition tags applied?
  2. Any odd characters in the file name?
  3. Does the code in the header of the topic look right when you compare it with other topics?
  4. Add an obscure word to another topic, generate and then search for that word. Checks if there are other issues.
  5. Make a copy of the file and save it outside the project. Then delete the orginal from the project and create a new topic with the same filename and title. Check it still shows in the TOC and try again.

Post back when you have gone through those ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm working with a deadline today so I had to recreate the topic from scratch. I'm keeping the old topic page so I can figure what about it was corrupt and post my solution when I find it. Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp