Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic shows in Project Manager but not in Windows Explorer

Participant ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a topic in Project A that I would like to import into Project B. When I work in project B and click on Import and look at the list of topics in project A, I do not see the topic I need. However, if I open project A, I can see the topic in Project Manager. The topic correctly opens and is displayed in the TOC.

I'm not sure what's happening or how to fix this. I'm reluctant to experiment as I have gotten myself in trouble moving topics outside of the project before.

Thanks,

MDawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

I figured it out after I posted my question. I open Topic Properties and the file name was different than the topic title. Of course in Windows Explorer I was seeing the file name, not the topic name.

Thanks,

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out after I posted my question. I open Topic Properties and the file name was different than the topic title. Of course in Windows Explorer I was seeing the file name, not the topic name.

Thanks,

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps this little video will assist in solving that mystery.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh so this just underscores the best practice of ensuring your file names and Topic Titles are always reasonably matched. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I remember now changing the topic title from within the topic to better describe the task and cautioned myself to remember to change the file name. Obviously, I didn't follow my own best practices.

Thanks for your help,

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp