• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Translation of Bullet and Numbering styles when generating a Word Document do not match the CSS

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The translation of Bullet and Numbering styles when generating a Word Document do not match the CSS used in the RH2019 project file. Both styles appear to be translated as "Normal" even though they exist in the CSS and are mapped correctly to the Document Template used in creation. Using "Unassigned" has no effect either? How do I get the above styles to display correctly in the Word Document? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add - I'm using RH2019 Rel 14.0.5.001 to create the files and MS Word for MS 365 MSO (16.0.13328.20334) 32 bit to create the document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are using the New UI version but you haven't said, both Classic and New UI have the same version numbering.

Try generating with using your template just to see how that affects your lists.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter - I'm creating using the Classic UI (mainly because others in the company with access prefer that to the New UI.) I've tried both with the template and without both having the same result. It seems that even though the CSS defines the style required and it displays perfectly within RH AND the generated Help File (WebPro output ), the lists translate across to Word as "Normal" style even though the style exists in the templateand the generated word document "styles" options! The code in the CSS is: 

Number List

p.Numbered_List {
list-style: rh-list;
x-list-class: rl-p-Numbered_List;
x-list-level: 1;
text-indent: -16pt;
margin-left: 60pt;
margin-bottom: 5px;
font-size: 10pt;
}
rh-list.rl-p-Numbered_List {
x-level-count: 1;
x-lvl-1-format: "<x>.";
x-lvl-1-type: decimal;
}
Bullet List
p.Bullet_Level_2 {
font-size: 10pt;
list-style: rh-list;
x-list-class: rl-p-Bullet_Level_2;
x-list-level: 1;
text-indent: -16pt;
margin-left: 60pt;
margin-bottom: 5px;
color: #000000;
}
rh-list.rl-p-Bullet_Level_2 {
x-level-count: 1;
x-lvl-1-format: "<x>";
x-lvl-1-type: square;
}

Whilst both these styles exist in word within the "Styles" options, highlighting either of the items indicates the item as using "Normal". 

I have noticed that attempts to "map" the styles using the "Generate Print" dialog and selecting "description" displays the text for the Word Doc shows "based on Normal" but then I would expect it to ignore that and apply the above styles. This is also the same if I select "Unassigned - Use style in project".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.Numbered_List is a paragraph style, not a list style. rh-list.rl-p-Numbered_List is list style but I wouldn't expect to see "p" in it. I'm wondering if it is the way the CSS is written or applied.

Create a new project with just one new topic that uses the same CSS. Generate to Word. If that has the same issue with the same CSS and template, see the Contact page on my site and send the new project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

If it works differently, which I doubt, then explore what could be different.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Peter 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Grainge : Peter - Re-created a new project, as suggested and updated the css to that of an existing "example" project. Then tailored the sections to suit and have managed to get it to work (after some further tweaking). Some of the List conditions had been removed! Lesson learnt and many thanks for the assist - much appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it's resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp