Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Twisties

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using RoboHelp 11, publishing WebHelp Pro to RoboServer 9. Viewing output on Chrome and IE 11.

I have been trying to figure out how to build twisties into my project for drop down hotspots. After struggling with it all day yesterday I gave up. Then today a reviewer sent me some revisions by copy/pasting from the published webpage to a word document. In this word doc I could see the twistie images. So I went to replicate this myself - copied a dropdown hotspot from the website and pasted into word, and the twistie image was there.

I then generated the SSL and viewed it before publishing - still no twisties visible.

Here are examples:

This is the Published web page, the arrows point out where twisties should be. I did notice a javascript message when hovering over the drop down - maybe this is the issue?

Same section Copy/pasted into Word - red arrows pointing out the twistie images I chose yesterday:

And finally, this is screen shot of the same content inside the project file in Robo:

Any ideas of what is going on here or some troubleshooting steps to take?

Thanks!

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try by configuring them in the CSS?

Open the CSS editor in RoboHelp and configure them there.

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick - Yes, that's how the green arrows are showing up when copy/pasted into word - they are the open/close images I set in the CSS.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the complaint is that they aren't surviving the trip into WebHelp Pro?

What about the topic preview from RoboHelp? Do they show up there?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do not show up in the preview inside Robo. They also don't show up when I generate the project before publishing. I didn't think they were working at all - except they were accidentally discovered when content is copy/pasted FROM the published website TO a Word doc. So - they are working in some form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris, here's what I'd try.

First, generate WebHelp and not WebHelp Pro. See if you get the twisties to work at that point. If so, we know there is some issue with creating the WebHelp Pro output.

If you still don't see them after that step, has this project been upgraded? If so, click Tools > Update DHTML Effects. Then generate and test to see if they work.

If they still don't work after that test, try opening one of the sample projects and testing there.

Click here for a video on opening one of the samples

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp