Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Twisty image not "twisting"

Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Just wanted to find out if people using RH2017 are experiencing this problem (I'm on RH11, Multiscreen HTML5).

Conditions: Output contains dropdowns with Twisties enabled, skin/screen layout includes Highlight Search Results checkbox.

1. Search for a word that occurs inside a dropdown.

2. Select the Highlight Search Results checkbox.

3. Click the search results link for the topic with a dropdown.

Can you confirm that the twisty image is not "twisting" when the dropdown is opened because of search highlighting? That is, it is still in the "closed" position, even though the dropdown text is displayed?

e.g. In the image below:

• "Tip" shows a closed twisty image and the content is not displayed (search term is not in the dropdown text).
  • "Entitlement" shows the closed twisty image, but the content is displayed because 'care' is highlighted from the search.

Twisty-not-opened.png

I've quickly tested Multiscreen HTML5 and Webhelp in RH11 and see the same behaviour in both outputs.

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, what you have demonstrated is that for you, when you search, the results aren't showing the proper image.

What about when you click the link? Do the twisties work okay then?

My gut says we will discover this is a bug in the programming.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, once I click the dropdown link the images twist, but that one remains "backwards" which is very disconcerting. (I'm kinda hoping it's fixed in 2017, but I feel like it probably isn't... )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I see what is going on here. It used to be that if a search found a term in a dropdown, the content was not expanded so the user was confused. Then in response to requests they changed things so that the search does expand the dropdowns with the search term. However, it is not expanding it by clicking the dropdown so the javascript that turns the twisty is not being deployed.

Are you using the method on my site and Willam's or the method built into RoboHelp?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information. $£0.00

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested in the sample project (for the screenshot) so I think that's just Robohelp's method.

In our live help we have an "Expand All Links" javascript file to allow a button to expand the dropdowns in some topics, but I'll have to check if an alternate twisty method is implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked and we are using Willam's twisty script only for the Expand All Links single button method. The twisties themselves are the Robohelp implementation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With that out of the way, then I agree with Rick that it looks like a bug. You know what's coming.

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to that bug in this thread and others can vote for it.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter. Was hoping it was fixed already

Here's the bug report:

RH-1229 Twisty not twisting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp