• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two different styles of drop-down hotspots?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 2015. Can I make two different styles of drop-down hotspots available? For example, could I have regular drop-down hotspots italic but a special class of drop-down hotspots roman--without resorting to inline styling?

Hoping for a solution within RoboHelp, but I'm open to ideas for CSS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the dropspot style and then customise. Repeat dose as required.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter! I created the copy of the drop-down hotspot style. To use it, must I first insert the drop-down hotspot, and then go to the HTML view to change the class from [class="droptext"] to my new class? I've done that, and it works, but it would be even more amazing if I can get this second style to appear as a separate button on the insert menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the Style and Formatting pod, right click the Dropdown style and select Duplicate.

Once your styles are set up as required, create a dropdown, select it and then apply the appropriate style. While Paul's answer is correct, this way is easier. No need to go near the HTML.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CSS would be the way to go. I have HTML code like this:
|

<p class="Body-Text">

<?rh-dropspot_start class="dropspot" href="javascript:TextPopup(this)" id="a10" dataid="POPUP10"?>

<span class="HoverIntro">Click here to view contact information...</span>

<?rh-dropspot_end ?>

</p>

<?rh-droptext_start class="droptext" id="POPUP10" style="display: none;"?>

<?rh-placeholder type="snippet" ref="Contact Information"?>

<?rh-droptext_end ?>

<?rh-cbt_end ?>

|
and then, in my CSS file, I have this:
|

.HoverIntro {

font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;

color: #0000ff;

}

|
Just create a second style and change the definition to reflect the font you want, such as:
|

.HoverIntroSpecial {

font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, "serif ";

color: #0000ff;

}

<p class="Body-Text">

<?rh-dropspot_start class="dropspot" href="javascript:TextPopup(this)" id="a10" dataid="POPUP10"?>

<span class="HoverIntroSpecial">Click here to view contact information...</span>

<?rh-dropspot_end ?>

</p>

<?rh-droptext_start class="droptext" id="POPUP10" style="display: none;"?>

<?rh-placeholder type="snippet" ref="Contact Information"?>

<?rh-droptext_end ?>

<?rh-cbt_end ?>
|
Hope that helps!

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Paul! I'll study this. (I'm a little slow on CSS.) My colleagues would prefer a button in the RH user interface, but this may work for us. And it helps me see that if I get rid of the font styling in the rh-dropspot selector, then I have more options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp