• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to generate Adobe Air Help:"Digital Certificate Could not be created. Certificate decoding error."

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am unable to generate Adobe Air help in Robohelp 9. When I try to generate the Digital Certificate using 'Create Self-Signed Digital Certificate' utility, I get the message: "Digital Certificate Could not be created. Certificate decoding error."

Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Rehan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is information about how to create a digital certificate on my site. First though is this the first time that you have created AIR Help and are you doing so more out of interest than need or have you previously created and distributed AIR Help? I ask as if it is the former, I would caution you against using it. The format did not prove popular and it has not been updated in the last four versions of RoboHelp.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your reply!

I tried a different ‘country’ and cryptography ‘type’ combination (India, 2048-RSA) and it worked.

We want to enable the user feedback in our help set so were exploring the comment feature in the air help if it solves the purpose. We currently use FrameMaker and WebWorks ePublisher as our documentation and publishing tools.

Thanks,

Rehan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The key problem that was that the auto-updates required that the user had admin privileges on their PC and in many corporate environments they don't.

Good luck if you go with it. I wouldn't.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp